Friday 1 March 2013

The first BLOG!

Here we go...

After taking Mr Taylor's 'Trust' assembly into consideration, I have decided to create a blog for the Art and Design department. 

I agree that educators need to allow their student to learn using the tools they have at their disposal. Now, who here does not own a mobile phone with apps and the internet!

So here I am (developing my very poor ICT skills) creating a blog, which in time you, the students will use as often as you tweet! Well, heres hoping!


I want to use the blog not just to deliver homework, but to inspire and encourage you to become successful artists, designers and/or photographers. Mrs Philip, Mrs White and myself will update the blog with ideas, examples, exhibitions and inspiration, which you can peruse at your own leisure, help and develop you into independent, reflective learners.


I will be honest, I have been inspired by other bloggers, http://cdsartandtextiles.blogspot.co.ukhttp://coulsdoncollegevisualarts.blogspot.gr and http://rachaeltaylordesigns.blogspot.co.uk


Take a look and click on the links - see if you can find my old post!


I'm really hoping you will embrace this concept and use the posts and blogs on here to help you get the most out of your time in the Art and Design department at SPHS.


Feedback is key, so if there is anything you would like to see or find out about, let us know and we can 'blog it'!


Thanks for reading


Miss Cove :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Just wanted to say thanks for mentioning us and lovely to hear that we've inspired you! Those of us here at Coulsdon that set up our blogs here also have our own teaching blog that you might wanna check out...
    www.iheartteachingart.com
    you're blogs looking great though :) Love the sink inspiration post!

    ReplyDelete